Clear/Ceramic Braces – Cumming, GA
A Clearer Way to Achieve a Straighter Smile
Learning you need orthodontic treatment isn’t always easy. You may wish for clear aligners to keep others from noticing, but if your orthodontist believes you would benefit more from regular braces, you may be left feeling a bit defeated. But before you throw in the towel and forgo treatment altogether, the team at Serenity Orthodontics can offer an alternative that works just like traditional metal braces but is more discreet. With clear braces, you can enjoy a more subtle method of treatment that offers the same great results without the unsightly, shiny metal. Contact us today to find out how you can get started with clear/ceramic braces.
Why Choose Serenity Orthodontics for Clear/Ceramic Braces?
- Trusted Orthodontists with Years of Clinical Experience
- Available for Both Children and Adults
- Dental Insurance & Flexible Financing Available
Who is a Good Candidate for Clear/Ceramic Braces?
During your initial consultation with your orthodontist in Cumming, they will determine if clear/ceramic braces are right for you. If you are looking for a discreet way to straighten your smile but want the same results as traditional metal braces, you’re in luck. But there are a few factors to consider, including the timeframe, which can take a bit longer than regular braces as well as the fact that some patients cannot wear ceramic braces on the bottom row of teeth. Fortunately, you can still opt to have them along the top row.
As with any orthodontic patient, you’ll want to have good general oral health and have no signs of tooth decay or periodontal disease present during your consultation.
How Do Clear Braces Work?
Clear braces work very much in the same way as traditional braces except for one noticeable difference, which is the fact they are much more subtle in appearance. Instead of relying on shiny metal, we can equip you with clear ceramic brackets and a tooth-colored wire, so your fixtures will blend in seamlessly, allowing you to move throughout your day without bringing much attention to your braces.
This is an ideal solution for any child, teen, or adult who feels self-conscious about their appearance but wants to improve the health and aesthetics of their smile.
When fitted with clear braces, you can expect the brackets and archwire to begin working. Whether it is overcrowding, spaces between teeth, or a problem with your bite (i.e., overbite, underbite, crossbite, open bite), your teeth will shift over time, causing them to move into alignment. Naturally, you’ll be expected to attend regular appointments with your orthodontist to tighten and adjust the wire and keeping necessary pressure applied to your braces and ultimately, your teeth.
What Are the Benefits of Clear Braces Over Traditional Metal Braces?
Choosing to go with clear braces over traditional metal brackets and wires certainly has its benefits, some of which include:
- Durability: Ceramic braces are strong and durable, making them less likely to break a bracket throughout treatment.
- Less Noticeable: This is probably the most beneficial aspect in that they are very discreet and hard for others to detect.
- Versatile: Clear aligners like Invisalign cannot fix more serious, structural issues, but clear/ceramic braces can!
Since you’ll likely be wearing your ceramic braces for a while, you’ll need to abide by a few helpful tips to ensure they remain fully intact and help you achieve the healthier, more beautiful smile you desire. You can do this by:
- Brushing your teeth and fixtures after every meal. This will keep stains from forming as well as bacteria from growing on your teeth and potentially causing tooth decay or gum disease.
- Flossing and rinsing regularly will also help to curb the possibility of common dental problems, which can be detrimental to your orthodontic treatment if allowed to develop and worsen over time.
- Avoiding tobacco products and smoking. The nicotine found in cigarettes and other items can easily stain the ligatures that hold your wire and bracket together. As a result, your clear braces may become more noticeable.
- Limiting or avoiding stain-causing foods and beverages like soda, coffee, tea, berries, etc.
- Avoiding whitening toothpaste throughout treatment, as there will likely be a darker color left behind by your brackets once they are removed.