Traditional Braces – Cumming, GA
Reliable Orthodontics for Straighter Smiles
At Serenity Orthodontics, Dr. Podray-Donovan is a trusted orthodontist in Cumming who is committed to helping patients achieve straighter, more perfectly aligned smiles. Whether it is overcrowding, spaces between teeth, an overbite, underbite, crossbite, or open bite, she and her team can use traditional braces to realign and straighten teeth and produce showstopping smiles. Using metal brackets and wires, this tried-and-true method of orthodontic treatment is certain to leave you feeling more confident and comfortable with your newly aligned teeth. If you’re ready to learn more about traditional braces, contact us today to schedule an appointment.
Why Choose Serenity Orthodontics for Traditional Braces?
- Suitable for children, teens, and adults
- Trusted orthodontist with nearly 10 years of experience
- Insurance and financing accepted
How Do Traditional Braces Work?
Traditional braces use a metal bracket and wire system to shift teeth in the right direction. When preparing for treatment, your orthodontist will bond each bracket to the surface of your teeth before threading an archwire through the brackets. This will allow both components to work together and apply gentle pressure. Over the course of treatment, you will notice your teeth shifting closer to their desired location. However, you will be expected to maintain follow-up appointments with your orthodontist to allow for wire tightening, adjusting, and replacement.
If necessary, our team at Serenity Orthodontics can incorporate elastics, Propel, AcceleDENT, and other orthodontic appliances to help move the process along more quickly and help you achieve faster results.
Who is a Good Candidate?
One of the great aspects of traditional braces is that they are an optimal solution for children, teens, and adults. Literally, anyone can receive orthodontic treatment using metal braces in Cumming. Yet, it is important that you have good general oral health when starting treatment simply because tooth decay, gum disease, or another serious dental health problem can cause problems along the way.
If you are dealing with overcrowded teeth that cannot be easily cleaned, spaces between your teeth that leave you feeling embarrassed by your aesthetics, or a misaligned bite that is causing chronic jaw pain and other similar symptoms, traditional braces may just be the right solution for you.
Benefits of Traditional Braces
Although there are other types of orthodontic treatments available, the truth is that there is a reason so many orthodontists continue to rely on traditional metal braces for treatment. Not only do they work effectively, but they also provide a host of other great benefits, including:
- Greater versatility in treating both minor and the most complex and severe orthodontic cases.
- They’re customizable so younger patients can make treatment fun and more exciting (i.e., colorful rubber bands and ligatures). Adults can also opt for clear or tooth-colored brackets and wires to make treatment more subtle and discreet.
- They are far more affordable than clear aligners or other similar systems.
- Metal brackets are bonded into place, making it easier to undergo treatment since you don’t need to remember like you would with a clear aligner system.